Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Let the Adventure Begin!


Hello friends! This is Hope Ledford, Sarah’s daughter.

I am currently sitting in the Charlotte airport alongside my travel companions. (Steve, Debbie, Derrick, and Edith Shough along with my mom and my special friend, Jake Allison) Finally, for the first time, I will visit Uganda, which has been a special part of my childhood. Growing up, I have had the opportunity to watch this ministry unfold and develop from an idea to a three-acreage village on the cusps of sustainability. Now it is time to see the people, land, and beautiful culture my mom has talked about for the last ten years.

International travel has the ability to provide new perspectives of the world at large. In 2017, I had the opportunity to travel back to China for the first time since my adoption in 2002. I attained more knowledge on my heritage but most importantly, discovered truths about myself and humanity.

I have considered Edith and Derrick to be my “little sibs” since they arrived in the States in 2011. Edith was just four years old and Derrick two. Now, at age twelve and ten, they will embark on a journey of a lifetime to go back and visit their place of birth, as well as their biological mother and siblings. Having already experienced this kind of journey, I am beyond excited for them and cannot wait to see what this trip holds for them.

For me and Jake, it is our first time in Uganda. We are not sure what to expect but are anxiously awaiting what will be a life-changing trip.

I have a book in one hand and a snack in the other, ready for our adventure over the ocean!

Best,

Hope











-->


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to follow the blog for this journey! I know it will be another amazing and blessed trip! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete