Sunday, April 24, 2016

Seeing Life From A GoPRO's Perspective



I am in Africa!!! WE made it to Uganda safe and sound. It is somewhat of an unusual feeling being here because it has felt unusually familiar since arrival. Almost like I have been here before. It is beautiful. Although there is excessive pollution, dryness and poverty, the lush green surroundings and contagious smiles pervade. The view of Lake Victoria is stunning. The people are overwhelmingly warm-hearted and caring. Overall, my first impression of Uganda was greater than I had expected. Then yesterday happened...and the beauty of the country surpassed any expectations I could have ever conjured up.

I am normally someone who does not like to spend time videoing and photographing a lot because I want to live in the moment and take it all in; however, I decided prior to coming on this trip that I wanted to contribute some of my efforts into helping make a video with my new GoPro. Yesterday was kind of experimental seeing as how I have never made a video before. In my mind I have been coming up with these grandiose plans for a video....but yesterday God quickly reminded me that HIS plans are grandiose, not mine. Sometimes I don't have to do anything but to sit back and just watch to see how grandiose God can be.

What I witnessed yesterday was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. I am going to go off on a tangent about Sarah, because quite frankly Lord, she is worthy of discussion. Seriously Lord, what a beautiful gift you have given to this world. I knew of her extreme passion for the Ugandan people prior to coming but to see it in action was beyond amazing. Incredible humbleness, genuine and sincere love for the people and overwhelming excitement for the progress that has been made amongst these people. She shines your light brightly Lord and glorifies your name. I know Lord that she does not like compliments and gives all the credit to you Lord, which is where it belongs, but I pray that you let it be known to her and the people that support her, in whatever way it will be received, that she is amazing. That what she is doing here in Uganda, with the help of God, is beyond amazing. It is not that easy to walk the walk per say on this planet that is full of hate but she does it ever so gracefully...loving and empowering the people of Uganda, children of God.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a small part of her life and the story of Ekissa.Thank you for blessing me with the opportunity to come to Africa to learn and see more of unconditional love. It certain makes my cup runneth over!

What Ekissa is doing here in Uganda is worthy of everyones support. They successfully have a  class of 20 students and wonderful teachers up and running successfully! I witnessed it first hand. Ekissa and the people who support it truly are the hands and feet of Christ helping to cultivate and develop the Kingdom of God. The smiles are forever etched in my heart.

Love- Sarah Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment