Thursday, February 5, 2015

Humbled

January 2015

As we arrived to Bweya Community Church (BCC), one could hear the praise and worship coming from inside as it flowed out of the open doors. We joined them and continued in praise and worship. How freeing the experience is to praise God for His blessings.  We were free to worship in our own way without fear of offending anyone.  It's such a shame that in the states, we possess such fear. What would happen if we let go and really worshiped and praised our father as He deserves. 



During this time, some of the children danced and praised God.  How awesome that at such an early age they are already loving and thanking their Lord. 

As the pastor was beginning to speak, I was asked to join the children in the shade of a mango tree. There were about 70 children of varying ages.  I nervously shared with them as God gave me the words. I was trusting Him and my fear was gone.  I felt so blessed that I could share His words and that He had invited me to be His instrument.  Humble...it's truly what you feel.  It is comforting that He alone offers such peace.




Talk about "humble", my next experience was that I was asked to feed the children because I am a Jajja (Grandmother).  Several of the church ladies prepared rice in a large way. The children all lined up in an orderly fashion, with the youngest in front.  Some were so small, they were hardly walking, but they sure held onto their bowl of rice. I knew that for some, this bowl of rice would be the only meal they received today.  It was rather like feeding the 5,000.







We must meet their needs and share God's love as they come to know Him.  I was amazed at how so many of them had already come to know and love Him. These children are God's seeds for the future of Bweya village. Investment in them is top of the list as this community grows and spreads God's love.

Jajja Mary   


No comments:

Post a Comment