Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Face and 3 blondes...aka...Joey and the 3 ladies

Well, our motley crew of 5 has hit the road bound for the Charlotte airport...well actually we’re missing Jack as his first flight is different from the rest of the group.There is a mixture of emotion aboard this church van. For Sarah and Sherry having had experience on several of these trips, they are beyond excitement. For Joey and I- well it is more apprehension than excitement. Although I know God is getting ready to do a mighty work through us and in us I am fearful of the unknown. 
  One thing I do know is God is going to do immeasurably more than I can imagine or expect. The sobering realization hit me this week that there are so many people all over this world that have no idea our great Creator even exist. There are people that have never even heard his name-we are so blessed within our culture to have heard his name and be able to worship him freely. 
  I am praying that the Holy Spirit will permeate our thoughts and actions and that will enable us to show God’s love to all the people in Uganda. In the meantime we have lots of air time to get through. We should be on the ground in Entebbe Thursday evening.  First I have to get through the trip to the Charlotte Airport in the backseat of the church van. Yuck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment