Monday, October 21, 2013

I have never...



Concluding a previous trip, Bethany (a trip participant) wrote a blog titled “I Have Never…”
And with her prompting....

I have never…
·         Had to wash my children outside in a bucket with no running water
·         Walked in the elements just to get clean water or to go to school 
·         Received the clarity of life like I do in Uganda
·         Cried for the opportunity to have education
·         Heard a 10 year old boy speak about his fathers’ mistreatment to him and mother
·         Been a double orphan and homeless
·         Stolen, simply to eat a morsel of food
·         Given my child to a stranger, thinking they’d be better off, due to my inability to feed or educate them
·         Praised God in such an uninhibited way in church
·         Felt the presence of the Holy Spirit blow through my hair with every breeze
·         Understood “things” are merely that... just ”things”
·         Experienced “Jesus feeding the 5,000” through encountering an individual selflessly supporting 200 kids----realizing this individual has nothing to begin with. 
·         Seen children squeal with delight when given an empty plastic water bottle
·         Watched a child blow up a Ziploc bag to kick & use it as a soccer ball
·         Experienced or demonstrated true, genuine sacrifice…you know…the kind of sacrifice that actually hurts!
·         Met an 8 year old boy who didn’t know how to ride a bike because he’d never sat on one
·         Left my infant alone at home, for days, in order to prostitute myself to purchase food
·         Left my younger siblings at home, in order to prostitute myself, purchase food for them
·         Reach for food, and had my hand cut off
·         Told my kids we were fasting because I had no food to offer them
·         See my brother killed
·         Been beaten at school because only ½ of my school fees could be paid
·         Been the parent of a child who was sacrificed by the witch doctor
·         Been woken up at night by the “Night Dancer” and sacrificed
·         Endured daily beatings from extended relatives because I am seen as a financial burden due to the      death of my parents
·         Disfigured from boiling water poured on me, by relatives of my deceased father
·         Had to hide my family in a hole in the ground, in order to avoid corrupt soldiers
·         Killed  my father as he slept, due to years of mistreatment



No comments:

Post a Comment